Time Traveller kit
In its earliest form, chocolate was consumed by the ancient Mayans as an unsweetened drink for medicinal purposes. The Time Traveller kit takes you on a journey through 4000 years of liquid chocolate history from those bitter beginnings to the sweet treat we enjoy today, via five traditional recipes.
Take a look at our instructional video to learn what's in the kit, what you can make and how to make it.
- 12 x 11g chocolate tablets
- 13 spices and flavours from around the world
- Instructions, background information, 5 traditional hot chocolate recipes
What you can make
- Mayan hot chocolate drink – c. 2000BC to 900AD
- Aztec hot chocolate drink – c. 1325AD to 1521
- Spanish hot chocolate drink – c. mid 1600s
- Italian hot chocolate drink – c. mid 1600s
- English hot chocolate drink – c. late 1600s
- Your own, soon-to-be famous hot chocolate brew, concocted using your favourite spices – c. 2015